Air Quality Testing
Many people want to know if the air in their home they are breathing is safe. There are also some people who may be suffering respiratory problems or may be subject to odour issues. Often this can be caused by mould issues. Whatever the air quality problem issue might be, it can be easy to solved once the source is identified.
- Dust Mites
- Allergens caused by rodents
- Tobacco Smoke
- Asbestos fibers
- Soot from fire damage
- Carbon Monoxide
The absolute best way to clean the air in the home is prevent the source of the poor indoor air quality. We have found the most common cause of poor indoor air quality in in queensland is mould. We can conduct mould testing and help provide a solution for this which in most cases is to prevent moisture ingress into the home.
If there is no way of controlling the moisture ingress in your home, you may need to invest in a dehumidifier to help control and dry the materials which are wet. Additionally, you may need to use an Hepa air purifier to help control the mould spores which may be airborne in your home.
Some other tips on cleaning the air in the home
- Keep pets groomed to control animal dander
- Clean the air conditioning system
- Air out any new building materials and furnishings
- Keep dirty foot ware outside of indoor living areas and bedrooms, they can carry contaminates from outside including pesticides etc
- Keep VOC producing activities away from the home (painting, metalwork, woodwork)
Air testing may include:
- Visual Inspection
- Thermal Imaging to find moisture
- VOC meter
- Mould Air Testing
- CO2 Meter
- Laser particle count of airborne dust
- Temperature, relative humidity and dewpoint.
- Moisture Readings
We May also recommend the following testing if necessary
- Dust mites
- Silica Dust
If you are experiencing a home indoor air quality issue, please contact us for a phone consultation. We can help you find a solution to the indoor air problem.
Our Indoor Air Quality Inspections Start from $220. We service South East QLD.